Adventure Consignment | Reduce Reuse Re-adventure
The Consignment Model: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Re-adventure, Backcountry.scot’s new service.
Sell the gear you no longer use and find the gear you want for less, All while getting kudos from mother earth.
Sell your outdoor gear!
Here’s how it works:
- Sellers can bring items to the shop during our regular business hours. Our staff will inspect and let you know if there are any items we cannot take and have you fill out and read our consignment policy. Give us a call if you have questions about any items you would like to sell. We are experienced pricing items at a fair price and at a price that they should sell for in a reasonable amount of time. We welcome your input as well and you can decide if there is a certain price you need to get for your gear.
- We accept the following type items: Backpacking Gear, Camping Gear, Kayaks, Bikes, Outdoor Clothing, Active Wear, Canoes, Paddleboards, Bike/Kayak/Ski Racks, Climbing Gear, Kayaking Gear, Water Gear. Kids Outdoor Gear, Boots and shoes for hiking, backpacking, biking, running and water activities.
- Gear should be high quality, functional, clean and in good working order. Clothing, Boots and Shoes should be clean and free of tears, stains, smells and animal hair. Give us a call if you are unsure about what items we take.
- Consignment Split: Seller takes 70% and shop takes 30% on items that sell for less than £100. Seller takes 75% and shop 25% on items that sell for £101-500. Seller takes £80% and shop takes 20% on items that sell for £500 or more. On higher value items over £1000, Seller and Backcountry.scot may agree to a larger percentage payout to the Seller.
- Sellers are provided access to an online account that they can use to check the status of their items, what may have sold and what they are owed. Once items have sold, Sellers can stop by and pick up a cheque or use all or part of the balanced owed as store credit.
- Any item that does sell for 180 days, you have the opportunity to retrieve your item/items after 200 days then it may be donated to non profit organisations.
- If you have any questions or would like to chat about Adventure Consignment feel free to E-mail me Shop@backcountry.scot or call 01479811829, mobile 07813785072