- The Backpack Attachment System, or “Packtach” as we call it, is a simple, light, and effective way to secure a backpack or similar object to the front of your Alpacka. We have adopted a new system using the cleats from Clamcleats, specifically the Line-Lok® Tent Cleats. They are as easy to use as the other system but are simpler in design, therefore more reliable and rugged.
- Construction Features
- Tie-On Attachment. We chose a simple tie-on attachment method for the Packtach. Knot it to your boat’s front grab loops, according to the photograph to the right. We find this method simple, versatile, and tough.
- High-Visibility Cord. We construct the Packtach using glo-cord for enhanced visibility, allowing you to more easily identify it’s main lines at night, with poor illumination.
- Flat Lay. When not in use, a well-rigged Packtach can be made to lie flat on the bow of your boat, presenting the least possible entanglement hazards. Nonetheless, when running brushy creeks with high entanglement hazards, you may wish to “strip” your boat of anything that could snag.
Special Use Features
- Underwater-Releasable. A prime criteria for us was that you can release the Packtach under tension and underwater.