You wheel love this one!
An evening, classroom-based course to explore approaches to wheel truing and tensioning. A straight, evenly-tensioned wheel will run smoother, be stronger, and stay that way longer, so learning this skill will help you to keep on top of one of the most important components on your bike. If getting ‘hands on’ with your bike seems a little daunting, we want to provide a relaxed atmosphere where no question is too silly and you can take away the skills to look after your bike so that it can look after you.
What we cover:
- Anatomy of a wheel and wheel truing principles
- Wheel truing tools and equipment
- Removing a cassette and disc rotor
- Assessing the wheel and truing radially and laterally
- Checking dish and re-installing
You can bring along your own, clean bike if you like, or use one of our provided wheels. We’ll provide everything else!
The course will run from 1800 to approx. 2030.